I don’t have a Home Care Package. How can I arrange for home care and nursing services?

All services delivered as a Home Care Package are available as a privately funded service. Just call us to discuss your options.

What does Consumer Direct Care (CDC) mean?

CDC is an approach used by HCA Home to deliver care that gives you choice and flexibility. You choose the type of assistance you want, control the decisions relating to your life and get relevant help and information.

What is a Home Care Package?

A Home Care Package is funding allocated to you by the Commonwealth Government. The funding is used to help you remain living in your home.

How do I get approved for a Home Care Package?

To be eligible for home care funding you must register with the Government’s ‘My Aged Care’ as the first step.

Visit www.myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 200 422.

What can I spend my Home Care funding on?

You can spend your funding in three areas:

  • Care (i.e. personal care, meal preparation, equipment)
  • Support (i.e. gardening, transport, social outings)
  • Clinical services (i.e. nursing and allied health)
What can’t I spend my Home Care funding on?

The Home Care funding cannot be used as a general source of income such as buying food, paying for medicines, rent or utilities.

Will I have to contribute to the Home Care Package?

You will be asked to pay a daily contribution (known as a fee) towards your Home Care Package. Everyone must pay the basic daily fee and some people may have to pay the income tested care fee as well. The amount you pay will boost what you can spend on care and support for yourself.

What is an income tested fee?

In some circumstances you may be asked to contribute more to your care. Centrelink determine your income tested fee based on your income assessment.

How do I get an income assessment?

Contact the Department of Health on 1800 227 475 and ask for an Aged Care Fees Income Assessment – SA456 form or download a copy from


What if I find it difficult to pay?

You can apply for financial hardship through the Department of Health – Financial Hardship Assistance form – SA462 or download a copy from https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/sa462

What if my needs change?

We’ll work with you to change your support plan or, if you need a higher level of care, assist you to have a assessment with the Commonwealth Government’s My Aged Care.

What if I move?

HCA Home have services in most Australian states – your services can move with you.

Can I pay for extra services?

Yes. You can pay privately for any services, to top up your allocated Government funding.

I’m a veteran. Can I still get a Home Care Package?

Yes. People receiving help from Veteran’s Home Care can also be assessed for a Home Care Package. You can receive both.

How do I make a complaint?

Contact us by whatever means makes you feel most comfortable. Call 1300 422 111 or email complaints@hcahome.com.au. We value your opinion and that’s why we have a dedicated team to respond to any concerns or issues you may have within 48 hours. We respect your privacy and assure your confidentiality.

Get in touch

Whatever questions you have, we're here to answer them.

Call 1300 422 111 Enquire online

If you’re a support worker, visit our job site’s page for opportunities.